Indicators of the Europe 2020 strategy
Europe 2020, an EU strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, is based on five headline targets:
- 75% of the population aged 20–64 should be employed.
- 3% of the GDP should be invested in R&D.
- Greenhouse gas emissions should be reduced by 20% compared to 1990; the share of renewable energy sources in final energy consumption should be 20%, and energy efficiency should increase by 20%.
- The share of early school leavers and youth with low education levels should be under 10% and at least 40% of the new generation should complete a tertiary education.
- The number of people living in at-risk-of-poverty, materially deprived or unemployed households should be reduced by 20 million people.
For more information, visit the website of Eurostat.