Requests and orders for information
Request for information
Request for information provides data on published official statistics, gives information on Statistics Estonia and its activity. The request for information will be answered generally free of charge within five working days. The request for information is answered by e-mail or letter.
If the requested information has been published in one specific source of information, the relevant information will be sent by the Consultant of Statistics Estonia. In case the answer is derived from several sources of information, the person requesting the information is informed of these sources.
A legal or natural person can submit an application to Statistics Estonia for access to the data concerning that person. Granting data subjects access to data concerning themselves.
Order for information
Order for information is a request for more detailed information than available in the news releases, statistical publications or statistical database. Satisfying the order requires additional processing or analysis of the data.
Upon providing tailor-made services, Statistics Estonia complies with the quality criteria (relevance, accuracy, timeliness, punctuality, accessibility, comparability, coherence) and principles (professional independence, impartiality, objectivity, reliability, statistical confidentiality, cost effectiveness) of official statistics.
More detailed statistics can be ordered on all fields of statistics. The geo-referenced Census results of the 2000 and 2011 Population and Housing Census, digital census maps, digital census maps in PDF-files, thematic maps and the data of legal persons according to the official statistics act § 35 (4) can also be ordered can also be ordered.
The order for information is a fee-charging service. The price depends on the time spent on the more detailed processing of data. The cost of one working hour is 10–32 euros, depending on the complexity of the task. There is a separate price list for standardised orders for information.
Upon the receipt of order, an invoice will be delivered by Statistics Estonia to the person ordering information. As a rule, orders for information are satisfied within two weeks after the receipt of fee in the account indicated in the invoice. If the fee is received later than 10 days after the submission of invoice, the respective order will be satisfied within 3 working days after the receipt of fee. In case it takes longer than two weeks to satisfy the order, the person ordering the information will be informed of this.
The order is answered by e-mail or letter.
Satisfying the prompt service
Standardised order for information for financial key ratios and foreign trade statistics can be ordered as a prompt service, which will be satisfied within 3 workdays. It is possible to pay for prompt service by bank transfer (if the payment order has been submitted to Statistics Estonia).
Ordering of financial key ratios
By financial key ratios, entrepreneurs can compare the economic results of their commercial undertakings with the results of other commercial undertakings operating in the same or similar field of activity. The table contains over 60 key ratios. More detailed information
It is possible to order:
- table of financial key ratios of commercial undertakings of the same or similar field of activity and number of persons employed — 10 EUR, as a prompt service 20 EUR;
- table of financial key ratios of commercial undertakings of the selected field of activity and number of persons employed — 15 EUR, as a prompt service 30 EUR;
- table of financial key ratios of the selected group of commercial undertakings (at least 10 commercial undertakings) — 20 EUR, as a prompt service 40 EUR.
The price includes statistical information for one period, one economic activity and for a specified number of employees.
Ordering of foreign trade statistics
The data according to the general trade system are available from the year 1993 and the data according to the special trade system — from 1995. The data reflect the quantity and value of export and import goods.
It is possible to order a specified commodity chapter:
- general data on exports and imports, one commodity code and one period — 5 EUR, as a prompt service 10 EUR (in case of prompt service the number of commodity codes per order can not be more than 20);
- data on exports and imports by countries, one commodity code and one period — 10 EUR, as a prompt service 20 EUR (in case of prompt service the number of commodity codes per order can not be more than 20).
Commodities have been classified by commodity codes presented in the Estonian Goods Nomenclature.
Ordering of grid-based statistics of the Population and Housing Census
Data (on person, household and dwelling) are presented in the form of identical territorial units, i.e. grids in the MapInfo / ESRI shp format.
Size of the grids:
- all Estonia 1 km x 1 km;
- cities and densely populated hinterlands 500 m x 500 m;
- Tallinna, Tartu, Narva, Pärnu and Kohtla-Järve 100 m x 100 m.
The cost is based on the price of working hour.
Free of charge: number of population PHC 2011; all data of PHC 2000 (due to methodological differences the data of PHC 2000 and PHC 2011 are not comparable).
Ordering the data of legal persons
It is possible to order the following data on economically active legal persons registered in the Republic of Estonia, branches of foreign commercial undertakings, state and local government agencies and sole proprietors according to the official statistics act § 35 (4):
- registration code – the code of Business Register, Register of Non-Profit Associations and Foundations or Register of State and Local Government Agencies;
- name and address – name and legal address of the legal person (excl. local unit);
- legal status – according to the classification of legal forms;
- economic activity – according to classification of economic activities in Estonia EMTAK 2008;
- size group according to the average number of persons employed (0–9, 10–49, 50–249, at least 250);
- size group according to annual turnover (0 – 0,09; 0,1 – 0,9; 1,0 – 1,9; 2,0 – 4,9; at least 5,0 million euros);
The price of the data of one legal person is 1 EUR.
Ordering of other statistical information
In addition to foreign trade statistics, data of legal persons and financial key ratios it is possible to order:
- more detailed statistics on other fields - based on the price of working hour
- digital census maps - based on the price of working hour
- thematic maps - based on the price of working hour
The requirements for the services are described in detail in the standards of services.