Main questions about the person
- Given name and surname, personal identification code
- Date of birth
- Place of usual residence (address)
- Do you stay at another place of residence for some time of the week or year?
- How long is your annual stay at the secondary place of residence?
- Where is your secondary place of residence located?
- What is your legal marital status?
- Have you given birth to children?
- How many children have you given birth to?
Questions about origin, language skills and religion
- What is your country of birth?
- Please indicate your place of birth in Estonia. Place of birth is your mother’s place of usual residence at the time of your birth (not the location of the hospital).
- In which country were your parents born?
- Were your grandparents born in Estonia?
- What is your country of citizenship?
- What is your ethnicity?
- What is your mother tongue?
- Do you speak some local language form, dialect or sub-dialect?
- Please name the local language form, dialect or sub-dialect you speak best.
- Do you speak other languages besides the mother tongue?
- Please name the other languages besides the mother tongue that you speak, according to the level of language proficiency.
- Do you have any religious affiliation? (answering is voluntary)
- Please indicate your religious affiliation (answering is voluntary).
Questions about the changes of place of usual residence
- Have you been living at the current place of residence continuously since birth?
- Please indicate the year when you last settled in your current place of residence.
- In which country was your previous place of residence?
- Please indicate your previous place of residence in Estonia.
- Have you ever lived outside the Republic of Estonia for 12 or more consecutive months?
- When did you last arrive to settle in Estonia? Please indicate the year.
- What was your most recent country of residence before settling in Estonia?
- What was your country of usual residence on 31 March 2000 (at the time of the previous population and housing census)?
- Please indicate your place of usual residence in 2000.
Questions about education and work
- What was the level of education you acquired in general education school (upper secondary school, basic school, etc.)?
- What is your level of vocational, occupational or professional education? (Additional guiding questions to specify the level of education are available.)
- What was your main source of subsistence in 2011? (Type of source of subsistence, for instance, wage, pension etc.)
- Did you perform at least one hour of remunerated work during the week preceding the Census (19–25 December 2011)?
- Were you temporarily absent from your place of employment or enterprise during this week (19–25 December 2011) due to leave, illness, etc.?
- Have you been actively seeking work during December 2011?
- If you had been offered a suitable job during 19–25 December 2011, would it have been possible for you to commence work within two weeks?
- Have you been employed before?
- Please indicate the year, when you were last employed.
- Which of the following groups did you belong to during the period 19–25 December 2011? (conscript; student (pupil); retired etc.)
- Please state the full name of your main place of work.
- What is the main branch of economic activity of that company/institution?
- What was your occupation at the main place of work? Please give a brief description of your official duties.
- How many employees are directly subordinated to you?
- Are (were) you at your main place of work… (employee with a stable contract, whose employment relationship lasts for at least one year; employee with a stable contract, whose employment relationship lasts for less than one year; entrepreneur-employer, farmer with salaried employees; self-employed; farmer without employees; freelancer, other).
- Where is the location of your main place of work?
Questions about health
- Do you have any long-term illness or health problem? (Yes; no)
- What restrictions have health problems placed on your everyday activities over a longer period (for at least the last six months)? (Significant restrictions; insignificant restrictions; no restrictions at all).
You can view the questionnaire (interviewer’s version) HERE