The main task of Statistics Estonia is to provide information on the economic, demographic, social and environmental situation and trends in Estonia. In the production of statistics, we focus on quality: we systematically and regularly determine the strengths and weaknesses of statistical actions in order to consistently enhance and improve the quality of our processes and services and the statistics we publish. The Quality Policy supports the Strategy of Statistics Estonia and includes the principles the following of which guarantees that the statistics comply with the quality requirements of the European Statistics Code of Practice and the requirements imposed on the producers of official statistics of the European Union and Estonia.
The efficiency and reliability of the production of statistics are greatly influenced by institutional and organisational factors. The institutional environment is characterised by professional independence, the mandate for data collection, the adequacy of resources, quality commitment, statistical confidentiality, impartiality and objectivity.
- By being professionally independent, we guarantee the reliabality of statistics.
- We have a legal basis for collecting data.
- We value, appreciate and support the professional development of our employees based on common principles, and regularly offer them training courses so that they would be informed of the new methodologies and trends in the production of statistics.
- In producing statistics, we make use of modern technologies.
- In order to guarantee the high quality of our processes and products, we implement the EFQM Excellence Model, the European Statistics Code of Practice and the related Quality Assurance Framework of the European Statistical System. We perform statistical actions based on the international Generic Statistical Business Process Model.
- We guarantee the confidentiality of the data we have been entrusted with.
- We produce statistics in an independent, objective and transparent manner, and treat all users equitably in the dissemination of statistics.
In the production of statistics, we follow European and other international standards, guidelines, and good practices. The production of statistics is characterised by a sound methodology, relevant statistical procedures, the avoidance of creating an excessive reporting burden for respondents, and by cost-effectiveness.
- Statistics are based on scientifically and internationally recognised methodologies and comply with international classifications and methods.
- We participate in national and international statistical co-operation and promote the development of statistics as a discipline.
- The production of statistics is based on relevant statistical procedures, which are followed in each stage of statistics production, from data collection to the dissemination of statistics.
- We value the feedback of respondents in order to simplify data submission and reduce the reporting burden of respondents.
- We produce statistics based on the principle of cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
The published statistics are in compliance with European quality standards and serve the needs of European institutions, governmental authorities, research institutions, enterprises and the public in general. Statistical output is characterised by relevance, accuracy, timeliness, accessibility, comparability and coherence.
- In planning our statistical actions, we co-operate with the clients and determine their satisfaction with the statistics published.
- The statistics we produce meet the needs of the users.
- The statistics we produce are an accurate and reliable reflection of the reality, are timely and published on the date announced in the release calendar.
- The statistics we produce are comparable over time and between regions, internally coherent, accessible, and presented in a clear and understandable form.