Statistics by region
National figures alone cannot reveal the full and sometimes complex picture of what is happening at a regional level in a country. Statistical information at a sub-national level is an important tool for highlighting specific regional aspects. It helps to analyse changes and the impact that policy decisions can have on our daily life.
What kind of information is available?
In addition to national aggregate data, Statistics Estonia also produces statistics on regions, counties, cities and rural municipalities, urban and rural settlements, as well as on smaller territorial units.
You can find regional statistics about:
- area and population density;
- population, population composition by age and gender, births and deaths, migration;
- number of active companies;
- information on local government budget revenues, expenditures and investments;
- educational institutions;
- income and subsistence of the population, including unemployment;
- satisfaction with the living environment and the management of the local government, etc.