Waste and circular economy
The world produces more than it can consume. The ever-increasing amount of waste is causing problems everywhere. Also items that can be reused or recycled reach landfills. Landfilling of hazardous waste affects the quality of soil, drinking water and air. To save natural resources and the environment, more attention should be paid to the correct sorting, reduction and reuse of waste and various materials.
Waste statistics tell us
- how much garbage is generated in Estonia every year;
- how much waste is stored in landfills;
- how much waste is reused;
- how much waste is used for energy production;
- how much municipal waste is generated per capita.
Waste statistics are needed for the organisation of waste management and development in Estonia. An overview of waste use helps to increase environmental awareness.
|Recycling of waste||11,965||13,147||11,693||8,059||9,390||7,834||9,606||9,547||9,688|