Standard of service for contract work
1. Contract work
Contract work allows the acquisition of more detailed information than Statistics Estonia has provided in press releases, statistical publications, or in the statistical database. Additional data processing or analysis is required to carry out contract work.
Statistical data of greater detail can be ordered for all statistical domains.
Contract work refers to the following services:
- advising and project management (incl. release of a large volume of statistical indicators published, selection of data sources and advising the client, definition of indicators and development of calculation methodologies, questionnaire design and testing, preparation of sample design and organisation of training);
- data collection and/or acquisition (incl. obtaining data from a new register or using web scraping);
- data processing (incl. anonymisation/pseudonymisation, data correction (imputations, weighting, corrections), data linking, geocoding);
- data analysis (incl. quality and confidentiality checks, building data models with machine-learning methods);
- data dissemination (incl. visualised solutions, publishing on the web or in other client channels).
When performing contract work, Statistics Estonia complies with official statistics’ quality criteria (relevance, accuracy, timeliness, punctuality, accessibility, clarity, comparability, coherence) and principles (professional independence, impartiality, objectivity, reliability, statistical confidentiality, cost effectiveness).
Contract work outcome may be in Estonian or English.
2. Submitting an order
An order for contract work may be submitted through an online form at https://www.stat.ee/en/submit-query or by e-mail to stat [at] stat.eerel="nofollow".
The fulfilled order is normally returned by e-mail. Delivery of large data files is to be separately agreed on with the client.
When submitting an order, it is important to inform Statistics Estonia of the following:
- what specific information is needed and what is the expected data composition;
- whether it is a one-time or repeat order;
- what is the expected term for filling the order.
The data are published or transmitted without characteristics enabling identification of the data subject (excl. data of legal entities pursuant to section 35 (4) of the Official Statistics Act), as aggregate data of at least three data subjects, where the share of any data subject in the aggregate data is no more than 90%.
3. Contract work pricing*
Pursuant to subsection 4 (3) and section 20 of the Official Statistics Act, performing contract work is a paid service. The price list for contract work is established for a calendar year by a directive of the Director General of Statistics Estonia. As a rule, the price depends on the time spent on fulfilling the order. The minimum time for fulfilling an order is 0.5 working hours.
Pursuant to subsection 35 (4) of the Official Statistics Act, it is possible to order the following data on economically active legal persons, branches of foreign companies, state and local government agencies and sole proprietors registered in Estonia: registry code, name and address of the unit (excl. local unit), legal status, economic activity (according to EMTAK, which corresponds to NACE), size class based on the number of persons employed, and size class based on the annual turnover.
Payment is made based on an invoice via a bank transfer with a term of 14 days. Contract work is not subject to VAT. Institutions and enterprises are issued an invoice within 3 working days of completing the order. An invoice is submitted to individuals prior to the release of data. The data are released after payment of the invoice.
4. Term for contract work
As a rule, the term for performing contract work is estimated within 5 working days. The due date is agreed separately by the parties during the planning stage of the work.
5. Proposals and complaints
Written proposals and complaints concerning contract work are registered. Proposals and complaints are answered within 10 working days of the date of registration. If additional information is required to reply, the term may be extended to 30 days.
Proposals and complaints may be submitted by phone +372 625 9300, by e-mail stat [at] stat.eerel="nofollow", and at the office of Statistics Estonia (Tatari 51, Tallinn).
*Prices (the price list can be viewed here).
- The price of one working hour of performing contract work depends on complexity and is in the range 29–81 euros. Contract work is not subject to VAT.
- Pursuant to subsection 35 (4) of the Official Statistics Act, it is possible to order the following data on economically active legal persons, branches of foreign companies, state and local government agencies and sole proprietors registered in Estonia: registry code, name and address of the unit (excl. local unit), legal status, economic activity (according to EMTAK, which corresponds to NACE), size class based on the number of persons employed and size class based on annual turnover.
The following price list for this work has been established based on the number of units ordered:
- 1–9,999 units: 1 euro per enterprise;
- 10,000–59,999 units: 0.8 euros per enterprise;
- 60,000 and more units: 0.6 euros per enterprise.